We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and – following the principles of data reduction and data economy – to only collect and safe necessary data. Please read the following policy to understand how your information will be treated.
The information we collect
- IP-address of the visitor’s computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the accessed file,
- the used browser.
Apart from that, data entered by you in connection with being our client and/or a workshop participant is collected.
- identify you as our client and deliver our services for you,
- facilitate an errorless connection to our website,
- facilitate the comfortable use of our website,
- evaluate system security and system stability as well as other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this processing activity is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest derives from the above purposes. Your data will never be used to draw conclusions about your identity.
Subject to your explicit consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR, we use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide your e-mail address. Should you sign-up for our newsletter as part of your workshop-registration, only your e-mail address will be used with regard to our newsletter.
This permission can be revoked at any time, for example at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively, please send your wish to object to the newsletter via e-mail to email@example.com. For details please see below under “Your rights”.
Through the contact-button on our website, we offer you the opportunity to get in touch with us. In doing so, providing your e-mail address and name is necessary in order for us to know who sent the inquiry as well as to answer it.
The data processing for the purpose of using our contact form takes place in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent.
All personal data collected for the usage of the contact form will be deleted after answering your inquiry, if you do not give us consent to contact you again according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR or if a follow-up would not be in our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.
If you register for one of our workshops, we collect data necessary for conducting the workshop and for accounting purposes. This data will exclusively be used for these purposes (workshop-related communication, accounting).
The data processing for the purpose of conducting our workshops takes place in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent and in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR as part of our contractual performance.
Data collected in connection with your workshop will automatically be deleted after the mandatory retention periods expire (especially according to § 147 Fiscal Code of Germany).
Should we have open positions and should you apply for such vacancies through the interface offered by us for this purpose (e.g. encrypted e-mail), you will receive a confirmation of your application according to Art. 13 GDPR from us. The data contained will only be used for this purpose. After closing the application procedure, filling the vacancy and awaiting a suitable retention period based on our documentation interest regarding the application procedure, your data will be deleted.
The collection of applicant data is based on our legitimate interest to find the best applicants for open vacancies on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR, as long as it is not already based on your given consent in connection with the application procedure according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR.
How we use this information
- you have given your explicit consent hereto according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- sharing the data is necessary to pursue or defend against legal claims according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR and no indication for your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring protection of personal data overriding our interests, exist,
- a legal obligation to share the data according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. c GDPR exists or,
- it is legally allowed and processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR.
Furthermore, cookies are necessary for the purpose of our and third parties’ interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Please note: the cookies on our site are enabled by default and if you decline our cookies you may not be able to use some of our online features.
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More info|
|_utma||This cookie tracks the number of times a visitor has been to our site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information to calculate visitor statistics.||Google Analytics|
|These cookies work together to calculate how long a visit takes.
_utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site, while _utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves a site.
_utmb expires at the end of the session. _utmc waits 30 minutes, and then expires.
_utmc waits 30 minutes for another page view to happen, and if it doesn’t, it expires.
|_utmz||This cookie tracks where visitors came from. What search engine was used. What links were clicked on. What keywords were used. Where they were in the world when they accessed the website. It expires within 6 months.||Google Analytics|
|_utmv||This cookie stores custom variables for each visitor and allows us to use segmentation to better understand our visitors. It expires 2 years after a visitor’s last visit.||Google Analytics|
|_ga||This cookie is used to distinguish between site visitors. It expires 2 years after a visitor’s last visit.||Google Analytics|
|_gat_*||Used to throttle request rate. It expires 1 minute after a visitor’s last visit.
* stands for Unique Account ID
|_gid||This cookie is used to distinguish between site visitors. It expires 24 hours after a visitor’s last visit.||Google Analytics|
|These cookies are essential to allow our site to function correctly when you visit our site. They expire 1 year after a visitor’s last visit.
* stands for Unique Visitor IDs
|wordpress_logged_in_*||This cookie is used to provide our login functionality. It expires when you end your session.
* stands for Unique Visitor IDs
The following tracking process is conducted in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR. We use tracking to statistically measure our website’s usage and to optimize our presence based on the insights derived therefrom. These interests constitute legitimate interests under Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Due to the IP-anonymisation that is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
As an alternative to the browser addon or within browsers on mobile devices, you can click this link in order to opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this website in the future (the opt-out applies only for the browser in which you set it and within this domain).
Confidentiality and security
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with our normal procedures and all applicable laws.
We have a legal obligation to ensure that your information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your information. Furthermore, you have the following data subject’s rights and rights to object:
- withdraw your consent at any time according to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. As a result therefrom, we will not be allowed to continue any data processing that is based on your prior consent in the future,
- obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed by us according to Art. 15 GDPR. You may especially obtain information about the purpose of the processing, the categories of personal data obtained, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored (where possible), the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning you, the right to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source, as well as information about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and detailed information on its scope,
- obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you according to Art. 16 GDPR,
- obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay according to Art. 17 GDPR as long as the data processing is not necessary to execute our right for free speech and information, to perform a contract, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or to pursue or defend against legal claims,
- obtain the restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR, if the accuracy of the personal data is contested, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead, we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR,
- demand the personal data provided by you to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to demand the transmission of that data to another controller according to Art. 20 GDPR,
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority according to Art. 77 GDPR. Regularly, the authorities of your habitual residence, place of work or place of our law firm seat may be contacted.
To execute one of the above rights towards us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR, according to Art. 21 GDPR you have the right to object against the processing of personal data, as long as reasons deriving from your special situation exist or if the objection refers to direct marketing. In the latter case your right to object is absolute, which will be complied with by us without any further reasoning.
To execute one of the above rights to object, please contact email@example.com.
For your visit of our website we use the common SSL encryption method (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the respectively highest encryption standard supported by your browser. Regularly, this is a 256-bit encryption. Should you browser not support a 256-bit encryption, 128-bit v3 technology will be applied. Whether the communication with our webserver is encrypted can be detected by observing the key or lock symbol in your browser’s status bar (regularly shown in green).
Besides we use suitable technical and organizational measures to protect your data against random and intended manipulation, partly or full loss, destruction and unauthorized access by third parties (encryption & backups). Our security measures are regularly updated based on the current technical developments.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to the websites of third parties, to which this notice on data protection does not apply.
Revisions to this policy
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail.